Community Development mission is to further the mission of Highlands Regional Medical Center by promoting a healthier community through hospital sponsored activities.
- Ladies in Red- Every Thursday in February
- Senior Advantage- Monthly membership meeting for those 55 years or older. Meets 2nd Tuesday of every month.
- Diabetes Education- Monthly
- AARP Driver Safety Program- Offered in the Spring and Fall
- Think Pink- Event held in October.
- Prostate Cancer Screening- Held at various locations throughout the month of September. Advertized on the radio and in the local newspapers.
- Summer Health Camps- Held at Highlands Regional Medical Center during the summer months are various health camps that bring the area youth together to learn more about the education and job skills of those in the Healthcare Industry.
- HOT Conference- Helping Overcome Tobacco held in late November to mid-December. A partnership of various agencies working with a teen coalition to facilitate education between high school students and their peers about the dangers of tobacco use.
- Senior Expo- Educational conference for those 55 years and older held in the month of May
- Community Health Fair- Community healthfair located in Atrium the first week of November. Free to the public.
- Look Good Feel Better Program- Free program that helps women look their best during cancer treatment. Experienced Cosmetologists teach cancer patients beauty tips to help minimize the appearance-related side effects of chemotherapy and radiation.
For additional events and information, please see the Community Calendar
- Living Well with Diabetes, Look at Community Calendar for dates and times.
- Laryngectomy Support Group, 3rd Thursday each month at 6:30 PM in Meeting Room B of the Medical Office Building.
Become a cancer program volunteer
For additional support group information, please contact Highlands Human Resources at (606) 886-7530.
For additional Community Development , please contact Melissa Vance at (606) 886-7468 or e-mail email@example.com.